Re: Fwd: 1980 LP NO LBC

To: RBHouston@aol.com, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: 1980 LP NO LBC
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:28:53 -0400
Could be a fraud - Maybe the seller and a few of his friends were
bidding up the guitar
Could be that the seller has more than 1 Les Paul for sale
Could be that the high bidder backed-out or those ahead of him backed-out

My recommendation about ebay sellers is when-in-doubt, communicate with
the seller and see what his attitude is, because this is the person you
might have to deal with further if there is a problem. If the seller is
sarcastic, evasive, or rude, even slightly, I walk.

As an example, I was interested in a Hegner saw recently on ebay. After
the auction received a number of healthy bids, I contacted the seller
with a question. He was flip and sarcastic and I decided it wasn't worth
dealing with him. (Remember these are manufactured items. Others will
come up for sale/auction.) Turns out the high bidder of the saw, left a
negative feedback because it was improperly packed and damaged in
shipping, and the seller apparently told him/her to take a hike.

As ebay says: Caveat Emptor.

--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct