Re: Re: [Fwd: Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long]]

To: "John Caffrey" <jdc6@lehigh.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: [Fwd: Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long]]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:57:43 -0700
Hi John,

Unfortunately, the parts books note the changes by engine numbers rather
than car numbers!  There aren't a lot of all original Spridgets out there.
Likely the change on the tooth angles were when the 10CC engines replaced
the 10CG ones.  But along the way, there were a lot of incremental changes
of some of the internals such as laygear bearings, laygears, that had pretty
complete interchangeability.

However, Jim still hasn't pin pointed the cause of no power to the rear
wheels.  Broken axle?  Broken spider?  Broken gearbox?  Broken clutch disc?

Stay tuned for Jims continuing broken car saga and his MMD!

Later, Paul A