Registration problemsRe: Bugeye Correction

To: jpaschke@bak.rr.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Registration problemsRe: Bugeye Correction
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:04:29 EDT
I think you guys give up too easy.  The registration authority over here
recently decided to re-issure the entire nation's car registration documents.
So,
I get a new document that says Aus/Healey Sprite as the Make and nothing for
the model + a bunch of errors.  I advised the make was Austin Healey and the
Model Sprite IV but Sprite will do (the car isn't original).

They advised it wasn't possible and offered some meaningless alteratives and
after some correspondence said the computer didn't have the code and not
enough of the cars.

The latest position is that I've said there is no reason why you can't make
up a code and apart from not knowing how many cars there are because you
haven't registered them correctly I'm not aware you have exemption to not
register
cars correctly on the basis of a limited production run (eg did the modern
Bugatti make less cars than Sprites survive).  Finally, apart from repeating a
demand for compensation I've asked them to refer me to the legislation for
licencing for them to support their pathetic and lame excuses.  I'm waiting for
reply and some compensation or I'll lobby my Member of Parliament.

Daniel1312