RE: United States Not-so-Grand Prix

To: "'mg'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: United States Not-so-Grand Prix
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:01:22 -0500
Speaking of our buddy Bernie.  Gotta love this, taken from MSNBC:

"It is rare that we find someone who climbs to the top of the WOW dishonor
roll by being genuinely mean-spirited. We can only wonder how people with
such outlooks are able to attain positions that make them worth of our
attention.

Such a person is Bernie Ecclestone, the president and CEO of Formula One
racing.

In the United States for the Indy Grand Prix - which his organization so
thoroughly messed up just six cars started the race - Ecclestone was asked
about Danica Patrick, the sensational Indy rookie and the first woman who
ever lead the Indianapolis 500.

You don't need a squad of public relations consultants to know that what you
do in such situations is congratulate the person who has shown such talent
and has brought excitement and attention to her sport. All you need is to be
human.

But Ecclestone seemed determined to prove that Europeans aren't as
enlightened as they would wish us to believe.

"You know," he said to live television cameras, "I've got one of those
wonderful ideas - women should be dressed in white like all the other
domestic appliances."

That isn't funny, it's despicable."

No wonder he can't run F1....
Bill