venting about my Sprite.........

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: venting about my Sprite.........
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:04:00 -0500
Decided it was time to get the brakes bled. I didn't notice before that the
clutch slave cylinder piston is retained by a circlip, so no problem bleeding
it just hanging at the end of the clutch line.
OK so Gina (my wife) is summoned into action here and by golly we're gonna get
these brakes workin'.
Due to a previous post here about maybe starting up front, decided to get some
fluid to the bleeders up front. Not expecting "a pedal" of course, but get
fluid up front just fine. Get out back, oh crap, fluid leak at the right rear,
tighten up the banjo bolt at the wheel cylinder, seems OK, but Gina sez, as I
go to work on the left rear "is there supposed to be fluid dripping on the
floor up here?". Ohhh Noooo.... fluid all over the bottom of the pedal box,
coming from the brake line side of the master. CRAP! Check it out, figure it
such an awkward position I just didn't tighten it enough, so working on that
and still fluid seeps out if the pedal is just barely touched. I'M still
thinking it's not tight and gonna have to get the master out of the box to get
it tight, so proceed to remove the box and the master out of the box, still
can't get it tight enough to seal. So I removed the line, sure enough the
"nut" has a crack down on the bottom. Man......
So, who was it that said "never throw anything away"? Got the end off an old
line, cut the end off my nice NEW line from Jolly Ol' England, and luckily I
just got my bubble-flare tool back from Bob Walker, so anyways, it's all fixt
now, I cleaned and repainted the pedal box so I'll try 'er agian tomorrow.

Dan