Re: Weber DGEV question

To: Bill Miller <lbcs@earthlink.net>, "'triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'mg'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGEV question
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:52:13 GMT j5S0enhM011591
Bill...

I am a DCOE kinda guy but certain items
between Webers are same.

I am assuming this DGEV came calibrated
as part of a kit specifically jetted for a stock
MGB 1800, inclusive of intake manifold?

When it accelerates smoothly under relatively light load but "barfs" under
"louder" use of the pedal, the problem
is invariably the accelerator pump setting,
assuming all is well on the spark side of
things (we will assume for the time being
this is the case).

If the exhaust is "blackish" as the engine
"bogs down" under heavier use of the pedal, than the accelerator pump mixture
is too rich. If the exhaust under these circumstances remains colorless, then
it's
the other way 'round (too lean). We'll
leave out (for the time being) pump stroke
"strength" or "length" and see if the problem can simply be cured by going
up (or down) .10 on the accelerator pump
jet size, as this is the most simple way to begin fixing this problem.

If the foregoing change makes a difference,
we will try a .05 change from the originally
provided pump jet rather than a .10 change.

So first determine whether you are rich or
lean on "loud pedal" acceleration, then
make the appropriate .10 size change and get back to us with result.

You do have a Haynes manual on your type carb so you will be able to identify
and find the accelerator pump jet, right??

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog