jetting

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: jetting
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:54:25 EDT
I decided to up the main jets on my fast street 1500/DGV.  Sure enough it
gained power on top, smoothness everywhere, and some resistance to heating up
under a load.  All in all a huge win and the motor runs great now, for 23
dollars.  but that's not the really good news.  The really good news is that
when i
took the air cleaner off to do this one of the four screws holding the plate
onto the carb was vibrated loose,   TWO THREADS FROM GOING IN THE CARB!  I
probably would have gotten the jackpot on the very next ride.

Thank you whoever was watching out for me.

PS if anyone has a cammed/header/DGV 1500 with slightly increased compression
and wants my jetting specs let me know I'll check how it all came out and
post them.

Mark M.