1098 master cylinder

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1098 master cylinder
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:56:37 -0400
Help please. We converted my son's 59 Bugeye to front disc brakes a
few years ago, but we have never been satisfied with the pedal feel.
I learned later that the 1098 master cylinder had a 3/4" bore.  I
know that many people live with the 7/8", but after considering a
number of possibilities I think that I have decided to have my son's
948 master cylinder (7/8" bore) resleeved to 1098 specs (3/4" bore).
I wasn't sure that it could be done, but I checked with White Post
Restorations today and they told me that it could. My questions are
these:

Should the clutch side of the dual master cylinder be left alone or
should it be sleeved to 3/4" also?

Since I am using disc brakes on the front now, I assume that the
check valve is left out on reassembly for the brake side of the
master cylinder, correct?

Thanks,

Lin Rose
1959 Bugeye