Alternators 2005.7.8.34 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHARSET_QUOTED 0, __CT_TEXT_P

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternators 2005.7.8.34 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHARSET_QUOTED 0, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HAS_X_MAILER 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0, __MIME_VERSION 0, __SANE_MSGID 0, __STOCK_PHRASE_6 0'
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:50:38 -0400
My wife's Subaru Justy has reached the end of the road. I have been eyeing
up the alternator as a replacement for the generator on my Sprite. However,
the Justy pulley is the flat belt type. I have never investigated just how
pulleys are attached to the alternator shaft and the Justy alternator is up
against the fire wall, behind the engine so it is hard to see (and bifocals
are a hindrance to such investigations too!!) Is it "easy" to change
pulleys on alternators or are they welded on? It is a nice size since the
Justy is 1200cc and amp output is good too.

I do know that alternator shaft material arrives at the factory as a big
roll of round stock of the correct shaft diameter. In manufacturing the
roll is unwound and the correct length is cut off for each alternator.

btw. The Justy has been a great little 4WD car. Nice little 3 cylinder, 9
valve engine that never gave a problem - still runs well. However, the body
is just falling away from the running gear.

Tim Collins
Dollar Bay, MI
1966 AH Sprite