Re: Finsihing a walnut dash board

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Finsihing a walnut dash board
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:12:59 +0000
David:  If you use a brushable finish use a GOOD brush and DON't use a fast
drying product: it won't have enough time to flow out the brush strokes.  Using
a slow drying varnish means you have to be in a dust free environment till the
stuff dries, though.  I recently redid some cherry steps that get a lot of use.
 I sanded them down with a pad sander, then hit them with a coat of Watco
Danish oil to bring out the color.  Let that dry for a couple days then put on
3 coats of the most expensive spar varnish I could find.  They look grand.

Geoff Branch