Re: I've been Miata'd

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I've been Miata'd
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:06:29 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
>  ... So there's plenty NOT to have to talk about when the car DOESN'T
> break down.

Gee, as a member of the Windy City Miata Club, I happen to know of quite a
few Miata breakdowns. The club president's car has just received a
much-needed clutch as well as replacement of the diff. Another dude is just
finishing up replacing all of the suspension bushings which were quite tired
on his 1991; let me assure you that there are many more bushings on a Miata
suspension than on a Spridget. I know of several members who have had to
rebuild their engines. We won't mention things like new tops (Trish needs
one) and shocks (them, too). Maybe the clubs in California are a bunch of
polishers, but the one here is more of a driving club than the MG club is.
David Lieb
1972 Blue