Re: Radio busted

To: Steven Taylor <steve.taylor@verizon.com>
Subject: Re: Radio busted
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:30:07 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have an off the shelf tape/radio player in both Sprites now, and I
always used an off the shelf unit in the past.
Yes still listening to tapes (cassette) but I will NOT throw out my 8
track player just yet. And it came in a Sprite when I bought it. ;)
The bottom of my later Midget consoles are tweeked outwards just a bit.
No problem shifting but changing tapes in 1, 3 or 5th is tough.
Speaker shelf on the back deck and a consealed antenae under the
speakers. Works pretty good. My Sprite is runnin g a Sony no knob radio.
PIECES has a Clarion but it's old enough to still have 2 knobs.
I like knobs, it was much easier to turn the damn radio on and off and
change stations when they had knobs!
I can't turn off the radio in the Healey unless I insert a tape then pop
it out. No knobs, no teenie tiny power button either. And a remote?
Sp I can go PAST the radio to the glove box to search for a remote so I
can turn the damn thing on or off?
BTDT and I want my knobs back!

--
Frank Clarici