Re: Oil, everyones favorite topic

To: Dan Gillitzer <dang@ticon.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil, everyones favorite topic
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 04:34:11 GMT j714YXrQ020996
Dan....

"Severe Service" (SD or SF) non-detergent oil may be difficult to find these
days.
I can find it here but it's for service SB....
as in lawnmower!! :)

There is non-detergent aviation oil available but it's formulated for consistent
low rpm application with low-lead aviation fuel in mind rather than unleaded
fuels.

David Vizard is breaking in his motors these
days with 10W-40 Valvoline. Assume this is
as good as any of the brand name multi-grade detergent types. A single grade
(SAE 30) would be fine as well, as long as it's for
Service SD or SF.

Motor oil for gearbox as well. Here again,
SD or SF preferred as well I would think.
If you can find a "severe service" single grade.......30 weight in the winter,
50
weight in the summer. Otherwise, 20W-50
multi-grade will do the trick year-round.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog