Clutch update

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch update
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:02:50 -0500
OK, tried putting a nut between the slave piston and pushrod. I could still
get the piston out to the circlip, but the clutch would disengage before the
circlip, probably the amount of movement saved is equal to the thickness of
the nut, all makes sense.
The pedal position when the clutch releases or engages is around 3" from the
floor pan.
What else I have going on, is when I was trying to get the nut into the bore
of the slave, the piston was occasionally sticking in the bore (it had done
this before when I had the bent fork) and also I'll get some fluid dripping
out from time to time (out of the bore).
I am also worried that when there is a spacer in the slave bore that there
seems to be excess pressure on the fork and consequently on the throw out
bearing. Unless this (the throw out bearing) just wears enough to accomodate a
preload on itself.
I don't like the leaking and sticking, so thinking about getting another
slave. With the clutch adjustment problem, it makes me wonder if there is also
a design or production problem that may cause my clutch problem?
Dan
62 948 Sprite, (all stock components, smoothcase trans)