HS6 Carb Needle Problem, Can't get them out!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS6 Carb Needle Problem, Can't get them out!
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:45:05 -0500 reply-type=original
Hey good folks,

I have been having a problem with a lean mixture and decided to give "rich"
needles a try.  I have the pistons out of the carbs and the set screws out
but the needles won't move.  I have tried soaking in carb cleaner and used
my mini torch on the base of the piston near the hole for the needles but
still no go.  Perhaps they have been over tightened and the brass is
distorted but it is hard to see in the hole.  I suppose I could drill them
out but that seems risky, any help appreciated??

Mark
Nashville
http://www.nashvilletn.org/TR4/