Sprite plans and a question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite plans and a question
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:05:33 -0700 (PDT)
Well I've had a busy day. Mowing the yard, hauling off trash (no trash pickup
in the country), helping the wife clean house and tending to the kids. I did
manage to find time to pull the Sprite out from the back to start looking it
over and start preparing it for the body shop. This is going to be alot of work
but the end result will be worth it. I also have a good lead on a bonnet.
Should know more about that by the end of next week. If all keeps going good I
should have it in the body shop yet this year. I also have plans of rewiring
the Sprite to negative ground. The old wiring is so brittle I just don't trust
it. When the bodywork is complete I will be searching for 1275cc w/ ribcase to
put in it. I thought about putting an old Toyota four cylinder in it but
decided I wanted to stay all british if possible.

Now for a question. Will a wiring harness from a later model negative ground
Spridget fit well in my 62 Sprite? I would like to keep all the original gauges
and lights if possible. I do plan to install a cd player w/ remote in the
passenger side dash where the hole from the old Triumph radio was. TIA.

Jamie
1962 Austin Healey Sprite MK II
www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html