Car Computers was Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Computers was Re: Daughter's New (used) Car [NO LBC]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 06:35:13 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
I don't know about that. The guys on the BMW E30 list (84-91 3 series)
can still buy performance chips for the Bosch ECUs. The oldest of those
cars is 21.

The M3 in this body style I think will be quite collectible in 10 years
time, and decent ones can be had today for 10-15K. Even mine (a 318is)
will be somewhat collectible as it was made only 1 year, as opposed to
all the 6 cylinder cars made. But, it certainly won't be a VALUABLE
collectible, especially as a good running 318is can be had for $1-$2K.

Oh, and anything convertible will be collectible. Even Chrysler
Sebrings. :)

-=Chris