Re: dripping dual gauge

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dripping dual gauge
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:05:42 -0400
Fortunately mine is easier to remove... the oil line is white flex plastic
with plenty of slack.  I can pull the gauge out about 6".  This is a
relatively recently installed gauge.  There is a "big" nut on the gauge,
then another smaller one on top of that with the hose coming out of that
one.  the leak appears to be between the gauge and the bigger nut.  I have
found that it is on VERY tight and will need a little more torque than I had
the nerve to give it.  Tomorrow I will give it another shot.  If I get the
thing off I will use a bit of teflon tape and reinstall.  I won't bolt the
gauge in for a while just in case, and keep paper towels handy!

Steve