results of engine swap

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: results of engine swap
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:57:24 -0400 (EDT)
I completed the swap of a 1275 for my ailing 1098 in my 66 Sprite.
I used the genny,coil,starter,exhaust maniford and exhaust pipe from the
1098 and put them on the 1275.
The first road test was okay but the water pump died so I then took the
pump from the 1098.
It now runs okay, but is much louder than it was with the 1098 connected
to the exhaust. Suggestions??
The accelleration is sluggish, but I think new points & condenser will
help that. Is the 1098 exhaust causing it to run poorly?

Thanks to your previous suggestions, the swap was a success. Now I just
have to fine tune things.
Dick B.