wiper motor shaft adjuster/adjustment

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: wiper motor shaft adjuster/adjustment
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 06:44:48 -0500
Hi listers
I took my wiper motor apart yesterday to paint the housing that the field coil
mounts to, it was solid surface rust. In the process noticed there is a screw
hole in the side of the aluminum body, lines up with the end of the drive
shaft. Checked it out when I got home, should be an adjuster there to limit
end play, There is a spec in the book for this as well. I think I can come up
with a set screw that'll work in there, but how would one measure the end
float?
This is on my 62 Mk2.
Dan