Mk2 tach/speedo cables

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mk2 tach/speedo cables
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:53:49 -0500
Have a pair of cables so I thought I was all set. Went to install today, yet
ANOTHER problem.
Speedo cable several inches too short, and tach cable, to me, seems way too
long, although I am uncertain on the exact routing.
Both are marked as follows: "DF1104/00  47  333  Smiths Industries LTD Made in
UK". They are identical except the other has "063" instead of "333". Measure
the same length, I measure at 48", I think the "47" in the part number may
mean 47", they do measure a hair under 48".
Does nayone know what length these are supposed to be?
Dan G