Re: dizzy and stuff for 1098

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: dizzy and stuff for 1098
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:41:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
1098 carbs should have little tags on the float bowls that are stamped
AUD 136 (F = front, R = rear)
Measure the throat of the carb, it should be 1.25"
If it's 1 1/8", it's from a 948.
1.25 is late 948s thru 1275. Different needles are the only change and
are available in what ever specified carb kit you order.
So you can switch needles from a 1.25 948 carb and use it on a 1275.
Later emission carbs used a "swing" needle so if your carb needles
wiggle in their sockets, they are swing needles, 1968 thru 74, again
they will work fine on a 1098.

If your carbs measure 1.50 or larger across the throat, they could be
from an MGB, or who knows, even a Volvo.

If you can email me the aud # on the float tag, I can look up the carb app.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ