crankcase venting

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: crankcase venting
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 22:04:52 -0400
I disconnected the crankcase vent hose from the intake tube while installing
my Weber today.  Do I need to reuse the valve unit or can I vent the canister
hose directly to the air filter?

The valve must have been plugged because I was blowing oil out the dipstick
tube.  What a mess.  Anyway the valve looks ok and opens when I blow air thru
it now but I don't want that happening when I'm in the car and unable to
notice it.

Can crankcase pressure get high enough to push the dipstick tube out.  Mine
was pushed out some.

I have the Weber almost set up.  Timing is good mixture screw about right.
The only thing out of spec is I need to have the idle screw in more than
recommended to hold idle.  I have two more steps of idle jets to try but do I
need to change them if idle is Ok?  I have a 286 cam and it always needed a
little more extra adjustment to idle well.   Thanks everyone.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.