Car prices

To: spridgetsass@justbrits.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Car prices
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:12:03 EDT
Cc: mbaker1@elp.rr.com, dbristow5@comcast.net, tedgar@elp.rr.com
I hope to heck our cars don't get this popular.  From the Hemmings  email:

'Cuda owner rejects $4.1 million offer

If  you owned the last Hemi 'Cuda convertible ever built, would you have let
it go for $4.5 million? Its current owner  didn't.At the Rand/Workman Fine
Motor Auction  & Luxury Lifestyle Expo last weekend in New York City, the very
last Hemi  'Cuda convertible ever built did not sell, despite attracting a bid
of $4.1  million.
That is not a misprint. The seller refused to part with this rare  muscle car
which was built on May 28, 1971--one of two sent to Europe.
The  Sno-white 'Cuda is one of eleven of its kind manufactured in 1971 and
just one  of eight with an automatic transmission. It also boasts black leather
seats,  Rally gauges, center console, power brakes, hood pins, and it still
retains its  original Kilometer speedometer. It is also one of two Hemi 'Cudas
built with  factory billboard stripes.
Last year, a 1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertible sold for  $3 million, so it's
anybody's guess where this craziness will end. At the same  auction, the seller
of
the Pete Estes one-off 1968 Camaro Z/28 convertible  refused a bid of $1.1
million. To view the original listing for the 'Cuda go to
_www.randworkman.com_
(http://www.randworkman.com/featured_event/auction/details.php?id=119) .  To
view other cars up for grabs at the event visit:
_www.randworkman.com/featured_event_
(http://www.randworkman.com/featured_event/auction/lots.php)

Robert  Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT

I  have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears
into  something bearable, even hopeful.

If I have to lay an egg for my  country, I'll do it.

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have  the worst kind of heart
trouble.

BOB  HOPE