Weber adjustment

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber adjustment
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:41:33 -0400
Well I'm making progress.  I got the overheating problem fixed... I think.
The Hayden fan wouldn't fit behind the rad anyway so in front it went.  I am
using belt driven and electric now and it seems OK so far.  Aside from
nicking a rad core tube :(   with the temp sensor.  I had another rad and
put it in and left the temp sensor off.

With the PCV back on now I seem to have slowed down the oil leaks.  Now
though at idle with the DGV it will idle well for a few seconds then stumble
a bit and repeat the cycle.  Any help on where to start?  I have read that
the Webers need a stronger fuel pump and it seems logical that this may be
the problem.    What pumps and regulators are good?

Before tapping the intake for the PCV though I did not have this problem.
The oil was exiting every place but no stumble at idle.  So it almost seems
like it should be a vacuum leak.  I plan to adjust the mixture again since
now I have the PCV on it.  Other than that can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa