RE: Dashpot damper caps, white plastic???

To: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dashpot damper caps, white plastic???
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:58:59 -0400
dan,
over the years i have seen caps wich seemingly once were black wich have
faded to a grayish color(or possibly the "dirty white" you describe?).
oils? heat? or some amazing parts cleaner ? i'm uncertain what contributed
to the discoloring of the caps.   but most i unscrewed had black underneath
or in the threaded area where they were protected from exposure to what
ever discolored them.   i have yet to see caps that were consistantly faded
or discolored underneath or in the threaded area.

chuck.