Progress Report

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Progress Report
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:39:18 -0400
Last week I said I could replace a rocker on the A40 in a weekend, it
was a joke but.... Saturday around 4:30 I picked up a piece of metal,
folded it and bent it around an old glasspack muffler to make a nice new
A40 rocker panel. I can't just order one from a catalog for that car.
So I stripped the whole car down, replaced the rocker and had it puttied
up by Monday night. I had to go out of town on Sunday so no work on the car.
Tonight I sanded down the rest of the car for a complete new paint job.
Ordered a new grille badge and will probably paint it by Friday night.
I still have some masking to do and a bit of hand sanding around the
tight curves. I'm leaving all the glass in this time but everything else
is off the car.
So it's gonna take a whole week instead of a weekend but i am refreshing
the whole exterior along with a new rocker panel.

My new compressor makes easy work out of body work.
It's almost fun when you never run out of air for the air sanders.

Next week I'll start on the 58 Bugeye, that will probably take all month
because it needs sills, floors, and just about everything else. ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ