New sweet deal project found

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New sweet deal project found
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:09:13 -0400
While checking out todays classifieds in the morning paper I saw an ad
for a 69 MG Midget project car with many new parts.
This ad was not there yesterday.
So I called.
The list of parts went on and on.
New Minator wheels with new 175/70s on them.
All new brakes and hydraulics.
New A arms
New tube shock conversion
Fiberglass bugeye nose
custom wood dash and steering wheel
3 1275s
1 tranny
New clutch
Rebuilt starter, genny, and alternator (tags still on em)
New racing seats with new upholstry not yet installed
Roll bar
2 Brooklands Aeroscreen, and they are old Brooklands!!
3 boxes of new bits like Bugeye front lamps, all new rubber
and many glass beaded and painted engine parts.

So I ask how much, no answer.
I went to look and had to have this car.
It's highly customized and done very well
It will not have doors but a step over shorter door welded in place.
Those are all finished but not installed.
It does need some finish body work and paint and some assembly required.
But sweet!!!
Again I asked how much, he says make an offer.
I said I have about $500 in my pocket and he says SOLD!
Car is home, parts have been gone thru, and I got all this for the price
of the wheels and tires which have ZERO miles on them.
The engine needs assembly, many new parts with it but I need bearings
and gaskets. Machine work has been done.

I also now have to 1275s (no carbs) that need a new home.
No shipping, make an offer and come take your pick.
Now off to Ebay to see just what a pair of Brooklands aeroscreens are
bringing :)
I will finish this car as the seller intended, there is way too much
custom work done to it to bring it back to a basic Midget and I promised
the seller I would show him the finished car.
I may do something a bit different to the doors or customize a set of
complete doors, I'm not too keen on hopping over a 1/2 door. But the
rest will be as he intended.

Color ideas?
I'm thinking orange and black.

--