LBC batteries and Facet pumps

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC batteries and Facet pumps
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:11:53 -0700 reply-type=original
I thought I ran out of gas at the doughnut shop on the way to work this
morning.  Since the gas station was just 100 yards away at the corner of the
same shopping center, I put the Austin in gear and drove it there with the
starter.  Piece 'o cake.  When a tankful didn't solve the problem, I pulled
one hose off the facet pump and poked at the piston with a coffee stir stick
from the gas station coffee counter.  Freed up the piston, on the way...!

An old fashioned large battery in a tiny light little car does have one
possible usage.  For a hundred yards, I was a HYBRID! Gas off, switching to
electric...

The stir stick goes on the parcel shelf as part of my 'tool kit'.

Glen Byrns