Starter and fuel pump problems and long time no hear

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter and fuel pump problems and long time no hear
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:13:01 -0400
Spridgeteers!

I am back! I'm sure many are saying "So what?" or "Who is this guy?"

I have a '65 Sprite, used to be my daily driver. It's sat while we've
had a very wet summer. I charged up the battery tonight, went to
start it, and all I got was either a "clunk" sound or the whirring
sound of what I guess is the starter.  I guess the solenoid is stuck.
Also, the fuel pump is not making it's normal thump-thump-thump noise
when the key is in the on position. Though I know that this has
happened to others, it's never happened to me. What is the fix for
those who know? (short term or long term). I just need to get it back
on the road for now!

Thanks much!

Jeff