HS2 Carb question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS2 Carb question
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:15:06 -0500
On my 62 Sprite 948, where the choke cable outer part enters the "ear" in the
rear carb, is there some sort of extra part supposed to be in there? The choke
cable will go right through that hole, even though there is a small extra
piece of metal on the end of the cable itself.
The hole for this is 17/64" on the rear carb, I found it strange the
corresponding hole in the front carb is only 15/64". The OD of the metal piece
on the cable itself is only 7/32", so it'll go right through the hole on
either carb.
Dan G