More Muffler Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More Muffler Questions
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:35:23 -0400
Cc: rbc43@starband.net, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com
Well everyone on the List recommended the JC Whitney ZX222855R muffler (1 3/4"
ID inlet and outlet, 19" long), so I placed my order on-line, and the order
confirmation came back "Expected Shipping Date: November 11, 2005".  I guess
the boat from China is a little slow this month because of the hurricanes.

Waiting a month for a muffler seems a little extreme and definitely throws a
monkey wrench in my rebuild timing, so does anyone have any alternatives?  I've
done some googling and it looks like my 1 3/4" or 2" options are:
Patriot Hi-Flow Glass Packs at lengths from 18" - 30" (wow!)
Dynomax Thrush Magnum Glasspack 17" long and RED in color!
Dynomax Super Turbos which are 19" long but 6" in diameter!

Anyone have any experience with these or have any other ideas?

I also checked Mo$$:  What do the two "cans" on the 1275 exhaust system consist
of? I know that the muffler is mounted transversely, but what is the front
"can" - a catalyst?

Thank you.

Steve
1974 Midget