What kind of paint to use...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: What kind of paint to use...
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:27:25 -0400
Hey Guys/Gals,

 I've been off the list for awhile. it's good to see some of the names
are still around.  I have a '79 Midget with about 22K miles on it.  It
has sat in my garage for about 3 years.  Previous to that I had driven
it for about a year, and before that it was in a shed in New Orleans for
about 18 years.

It's in relatively good condition.  Very little rust.  The top is going
to need replaced as well as most of the seals.  I started it
occasionally so the motor and trans are still in good shape.

I am disassembling it to do some rust prevention, repair, and paint.  My
first question for y'all is what kind of paint should I use?  I have
experience with basecoat/clearcoat, but it appears that the paint on
this car is some sort of acrylic.

Second question is can someone send me pictures of their rear end?  Man,
that didn't sound right...  Let me explain.  The reason it went into
storage is that the original owner got rear ended and it scared him.
His son took the car out of storage and did a real hack job on the rear
bumper and valance.  I'd like to see what the interior of the trunk
where the bumper attaches is supposed to look like, as well as how much
gap I should expect between the taillights and the top of the bumper.
If anyone has pics like this as well as one of the rear without the
bumper attached I would appreciate it if you could forward them to me.
OR, if any of you live around Northern WV and I can come look at your
car that would be cool too.

Thanks and happy motoring.

Ron Madurski
Lockheed Martin Technology Services