RE: Sprite Rubbers

To: "Willis, Ben" <BenWillis@anderson5.net>
Subject: RE: Sprite Rubbers
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:25:11 +0000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Ben.
K36 is probably the best I've used and you can tint it with concept before
topcoating to achieve quicker coverage.
The Omni urethane primer is cheaper but doesn't build as well so you use more.
You have to tint with Omni also.
Lately I've been using Transtar direct to metal urethane which is cheaper,
builds nice and sands easily. I tried it right over bare steel instead of epoxy
on some areas of the Sprite, we'll see how it holds up. You can get a tinting
paste, but only black so you can't tint with the topcoat color. PPG has a
direct to metal, but of coarse it's pricey. The Transtar line is pretty
comprehensive, I've used some of their other primers which worked fine.
If I was going to do a top-notch restoration I'd go with epoxy DP-40, K36 and
Concept. For a fixer upper/driver the cheaper stuff is fine for me. At least a
Sprite is small so you won't use too much.