Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?

To: RBHouston@aol.com, healeymonster@fastwave.biz, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:30:56 GMT jAB8Wtv4019385
"Of course, the letter may have been the extent of the enforcement"

which is good enough, actually. Either way,
the registration becomes invalid unless proof of insurance is provided. And if
that
insurance is subsequently cancelled during the period of registration after
initially being provided, a simple entry into a
computer by the insurance company
advises the state (computer) and the
process is again automatically launched (at least, this is the way it has
become here in CT). Concurrently, your plate automatically
joins the invalid list on state/local authority
computers as well.

And of course, if you don't pay your local
property taxes, you don't get to re-register
the vehicle (every two years, here) in your name, until they are paid.

This is probably the best that can be done
unless we want the state to spend money on "repos".

In a related matter:
in NYC a couple of years ago, the authorities were confiscating the cars of
repeat DWI offenders.....on the spot.

Don't know whether they are
still doing it but I loved this way of handling
such matters. Simple, direct, effective use
of "eminent domain" in the larger interest of public safety!! :)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog