Re: Supercharger information wanted

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Supercharger information wanted
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:13:30 GMT jAFHG3tr014795
"Who knows?"

Me! :)

But only ass-um-i(ng) the source of my info.
was correct.

The HP (Hans Pedersen) kit preceeded
the other offerings....knew a guy in Nova
Scotia that had the HP kit on his MGB back
in the mid-90's. He advised at that time there was an HP kit for the Spridget
as well.

While there are minor "differences"....
the kits are all "complete" and use the same TYPE of blower though one may
be a double, rather than triple screw
config.

>From what my buddy told me, he could never get his "B" to run rich enough on
acceleration. Other than that it ran fine
but not on the needle recommended by
HP. He had to do quite a bit of fettling to
get it basically "right".

I think the later MM and Moss kits are probably better engineered for the stock
motors in these respects. My bet is you can
slap them on and "go".

Having driven a stock 1275 with a 6psi boost curve, I will tell you such a curve
gives the car a huge boot in the butt with
respect to useable torque. Humungous
difference. And while expensive, both the
MM and Moss kits appear totally complete and apparently are not wanting in any
respect.

For boosted operation, they are definitely
the reliable/dependable way to go IMHO
but I'd sure like to hear from a couple of
owner/operators before I put down $3k+!

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog (Judson experienced)

Cap'n Bob