squeaking trunnion bushings

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: squeaking trunnion bushings
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:18:07 -0800 (PST)
  Rubber lube - works well - What ever you use be sure it is a Dry formula. Not
the Wet.

  What is rubber lube? Like most magic formulas, the secret recipes of
successful rubber lubes have been closely guarded by their creators. For years
the traditional recipe has been a mixture of Glycerine and Tincture of Green
Soap, both available from a pharmacist. Of course the magic ratios, and any
other secret ingredients, were not often divuldged. Today, this mix is still
used, as it has the advantage of being easily washed off if necessary.
Suppliers ship rubber bands and other rubber parts with a coating of talcum so
that they do not stick together and stay nice. That works well. You want to try
to use a dry lube if possible. You may have to apply it more often then the wet
lubes. But it does not collect foreign particles. Wet Lube formulas - Silicone
spray, Heavy Oil, Grease and a lot of other products work. But most of them
have the same problem. They collect foreign particles. Then you have to deal
with that problem.

  Vigil

Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:
  A light dusting of 90w oil.

--- Jeff Boatright wrote:

> When I changed to rubber for the trunnion bushings,
> they started
> squeaking after about 2k miles. Is there a way to
> prevent the
> squeaking?

Ron Soave