Re: end of driving season--you figure it out

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: end of driving season--you figure it out
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 05:07:11 -0700
Cc: <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Hey, David--some of us Southerners resemble that remark, and similar to our
friends down under, whose seasons are opposite ours in the northern
Hemisphere, our winter projects are saved for July-August, when the daytime
temps are running 100+.  That's when you make sure the water line to the mud
blower (evaporative cooler) in the garage is working, and re-pack those
wheel bearings, or change out that differential so you can take a test drive
after dark.  Our daytime driving season starts around September, and ends in
June.

Ed Townley

Southern NM (yes, it is in the USA)

64 BJ8 (Healeymonster)

59 AN5 (Horny Toad)

55 FX3 Austin Taxi (Nigel)

59 AN5 right hand drive project-no name yet.

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:19:00 -0600

From "David Lieb" <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>

Because we up here inthe rust belt tend to be more appreciative of a

beautiful sunny day because we have not been subjected to so many that the

currency has been debased. Out there, too many folks take good weather for

grantred and never get around to acquiring the proper equipment to enjoy it

as it should be enjoyed. Besides, when the heck would they have time for

winter projects?

David Lieb

1972 winter project