Re: Chichak elec dizzy

To: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chichak elec dizzy
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:41:10 -0600 reply-type=original {sentby:smtp 24.15.214.89 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
> Regarding the ported vacuum;  I am using manifold vacuum.  I saw a carb to
> manifold spacer about 3/8" thick which had an integrated vacuum port
> molded
> in it.  If I sandwich this one between the existing spacer and manifold do
> you foresee any problem?

YES> IT WILL NOT WORK. Other than that, it will be fine. ;-)
I am not trying to offend, but it is that simple.

Ported vacuum is a signal picked up from a precisely-drilled hole right at
the throttle butterfly of one of the carbs. Anything else is manifold
vacuum. The two signals are not the same and you will be better off not to
hook up the vacuum advance than to connect it to the wrong signal.
The amount of vacuum and the shape of the signal curve are significantly
different between the two signals.

The pre-1968? carbs had the port on the front carb. It really doesn't
matter, but this is not something you will easily add to the carb in a home
garage. That is why I rebuilt another set of carbs.
David Lieb