Re: Sprit Dolly and shell weight

To: "Willis, Ben" <BenWillis@anderson5.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprit Dolly and shell weight
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:53:30 -0800 (PST)
"Willis, Ben" <BenWillis@anderson5.net> wrote:    I
What is the rough weight of a stripped mk1 shell?

How many guys will it take to lift the shell onto a trailer for the trip to the
paint stripper? Any tips on the lifting process?

Ben- I have built a dolly for Sprite the body. I can send you pics and sketches
if you would like. I eastimate the weight at 750-850 lbs. Four people can
easily lift the body onto your dolly. A come-a-long can beused to lift the body
as long as you can find something to attach it to. These are availible from
auto stores and horrible freight.

  Roger

Roger Cotting