Re: Problem with stripped nut

To: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com> information
Subject: Re: Problem with stripped nut
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:14:31 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Use a viceorip on the outside of the remaining allen screw, then
replace w strong (Grade 8??) hex head bolts. The size is not so small
that you can not fit a hex head. Ask me how I know ;-)

Stick a short piece of wood inside the block, between the block and
one of the crank throws. then when you turn the nut the crank will
lodge up against the wood and stop turning.

Larry

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

"Now there is one outstandingly important fact regarding Spaceship
Earth, and that is that no instruction book came with it." --
Buckminster Fuller

believed to be clean.