Government mischief that threatens our hobby

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Austin_Healey_Sprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Government mischief that threatens our hobby
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:57:11 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In California, an unelected State governmental agency plans to use
remote sensors and video cameras to measure air polution from 1 million
vehicles as they enter freeways and navigate roads in Los Angeles,
Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties.  Owners of the dirtiest
cars and trucks would receive letters informing them that the government
would pay to "fix" the problem or scrap their vehicles.  As it is, these
drivers can already scrap their cars and get a check for $1,000 from the
government agency.

If you want to know what mischief your state agencies are up to that
will impact your hobby, take a look at the newsletter produced by SEMA,
the Specialty Equipment Market Association, Inc. (SEMA) at:
http://www.semasan.com/images/df_dec2005.pdf .  (Already, the European
Union bureaucrats in Brussells are doing their utmost to force classic
cars off the road and into the gruncher.)

Buster Evans