valence paint

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: valence paint
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:53:34 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi.
My 1968 Sprite which was banged up rusty and off the road from about 1979 until
now and not taken apart until I did it was obviously painted after it was
assembled. All the panels were in red primer, bolted together then painted
white. I could tell from the overspray when I removed the fenders, and when I
unbolted the hood and trunk lid you could see the red primer under the hinges
and white everywhere else. The panel behind the grill was black.
Of course anything is possible and manufacturing procedures could have changed
from year to year. So basically these cars are what they are, paint it how ever
you want.