More Paint Questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Paint Questions
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:41:56 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey all:

I am sick to the point of throwing up.  This isn't Spridget related, as my MG
is done as I care to make it.  I have been working on my 1970  Ford Torino GT.
I'm not up for the "because it's a Ford" jokes right now, what I need are
answers so I can get some sleep and solve the problem.  This has been as close
to a check book restoration as a working guy can do, and that is why this is
all the more disturbing.  Long story short, had the vehicle trim removed to a
rolling shell, soda blasted to bare metal, a reputable shop spent the last 5
months getting the body lazer straight.  Their time and materials were over
$8500, not counting rechrome, reassembly, small parts, etc.
The car looks absolutely stunning,  except that after just one month, the
paint has begun blistering over the entire car.....right now they look like
pin head sized, but it looks worse and is visible on more and more of the car
each time I look.

What went wrong???
I've already showed it to the body shop.  He says he will make it right, but a
friend and I did disassembly & reassembly, so am I going to have to do that
myself?

David Riker