Re: NO LBC - music and guns

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: NO LBC - music and guns
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:40:03 -0800
Cc: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

>.....bad guys armed.......good guys unarmed....Guns are like cars....potential
>weapons. It's
>a matter of motive/education/responsbility.

You may remember Richard Rameriz, the "Night Stalker" who terrorized
Southern California in the mid 1980's, raping, slashing, and murdering
mostly elderly women (including one of my wife's in-laws, Mary Louise
Cannon, aged 75, but missing our niece who had left an hour earlier).
Invariably, the murders were committed by slashing the victims'
throats.  In an inpassioned speech on the floor of the California State
Assembly, one insightful and concerned law-maker intoned, "This is yet
another reason for us to ban all sharp pointy objects."

Hmmm.  I wonder how he would cut his filet migon?  With a spoon?  Now,
now.  Let's not have any snide remarks.  He was, after all, a duly
elected representative of some people of California!

(Oh, Richard Rameriz?  He received 19 death sentences, but for 20 years
has been sitting on death row, getting married and becoming a folk hero
to some.  Mary Louise Cannon?  Buried and forgotten by all but a handful
of those who loved her.)

Buster Evans