RE: Non-hypothetical question, 1098 vs. 1275

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Non-hypothetical question, 1098 vs. 1275
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:40:43 GMT
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"I run at 4500rpm all day"

....and you have spare engines on the shelf which you can rebuild and install
quickly and economically! There are those of us who haven't your advantages at
hand, for one reason or another. Or who simply wish to treat machinery
differently (if at all possible) in accordance with different training, as in
my case (jet engines are VERY expensive and "big brother" IS watching!:)

But you are absolutely
correct (IMHE) is that even the stock Series
A is pretty much bulletproof, as is the whole driveline. LEC's on the whole are
very
tough machines.

My PO'd '74 Vizardized 1340 pulled
90+HP at the rear wheels and ran 80k+ highway miles, often at 4K+. And those
were the days when I drove it like I stole
it anyway for sure and the whole car along with the motor, was built
accordingly.

The foregoing having been said, the availablity of the 5 speed makes for
alternatives to the hi-rpm "need for speed"
while substantially reducing cost of operation over time/miles, all other
factors
equal......it enables me to "go well" while being easier on the engine's
mechanicals.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog