RE: Bugeye Group..... Re: Paint

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: Bugeye Group..... Re: Paint
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:58:23 -0500
Cc: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Agreed.  I've found that Spridgets, given reasonable care, are very
rust-resistant as they came from the factory.  Just keeping the
undercarriage free of road crud build-up (which tends to hold a
corrosive-laden mix of moisture against the body, which will eventually
penetrate any coating), will keep the car rock-solid.  Allowing floors to
dry, by taking the floor mats out, and circulating air through the cockpit,
is critical to keeping floors solid.  Door posts are a bit of a problem, due
to their lack of ventilation capability.  I suspect that moisture tends to
enter past windshield post seals, and find it's way to the bottom, atop the
sill.  We've all seen the inevitable result.
One of the things I've missed, for the past 20 years, is Spridget driving in
the winter.  With all that is available to us, now, in the form of
rust-proofing options, and replacement panels, I'm tempted to build myself a
foul weather Spridget, complete w/factory hard top, to enjoy on snow and ice
covered roads.
Bud Osbourne