Re: Paint

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:49:23 -0500 reply-type=response
Deep Pink is an original factory color for the '61 Sprite.  See page 69 in
Horler's "Original Sprite & Midget", which lists it as BMC paint code RD18.
It was only used for one year on the HAN6 Sprite.  There are numerous
pictures of a Deep Pink Sprite throughout the chapter which covers the
Sprite Mk II and the Midget Mk I.

Apparently not too many pink cars were built, as I have been unable to find
any cross reference with a modern code for this color.  My painter is me, so
matching the color will be a lot easier if I can find a modern code.

Rick