Re[2]: XR700/Advance Curves?

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re[2]: XR700/Advance Curves?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:38:50 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill,
         I've mulled this myself. Only thing I can think of is time,
as it relates to the points operating. The electronic triggers, light
or magnetic, are faster. So, lets say it takes 1/10th of a second to
open the points... it is much faster than that, I hope....that
almost-fixed amount of time becomes a greater percentage of the time
it takes for 1 rotation of the shaft. So, the faster the rotation,
higher RPM, the advance number will be different as the time it takes
for the points to open, and the coil collapsing is greater
proportionally than with an almost instantaneous electronically
triggered system.

         I hope I expressed that correctly. I'm sure an engineer will
correct me. I know the rocket scientist is off-list at present ;-)

         Ciao      Peter C.