RE: Wire wheel restoration

To: "Kid Vid" <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wire wheel restoration
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:26:04 -0500
Joe,
The heat from sandblasting can be very bad for the spokes (yes, sandblasting
can generate THAT MUCH heat).  You can get a brand new set of Dayton wire
wheels, for little more than it would cost you to have yours rebuilt.
Personally, I think wire wheels are a big pain in the butt, although the
painted ones sure do look good on a Spridget.  I just can't get excited
about chrome wire wheels.....too much "flash", too much work to keep clean.
But, then, I think luggage racks (chrome luggage racks, especially) look
stupid, too, and would only mount one if I was going to carry stuff on it.
And I would not be happy about it, either.
Bud Osbourne